2016 half year results
- Operating profit up 13% at £1.3 billion
- 2016 interim dividend up 10% to 7.42p
- Solvency II coverage ratio of 174%*
- Life insurance value of new business up 7%^ to £583 million
- General insurance net written premiums up 7%^ at £4 billion
- 96.2% general insurance combined operating ratio
- Fund management operating profit up 48% to £49 million
“Aviva’s strong financial position and diversity mean we are well insulated from external events. We have deliberately designed Aviva to be resilient to a low interest rate environment. We remain confident in our ability to deliver on our key commitments to grow earnings, cash and dividends.”
Mark Wilson, Group Chief Executive Officer
- Life insurance
- General insurance
- Accident & Health
- Asset management
Our size and scale:
- £31bn Claims & benefits paid to customers in 2015
- £327bn Life managed assets
- 320 years Protecting our customers
- 33m Number of customers
True customer composite
We are a true customer composite, offering our customers life, general, accident and health insurance and asset management. We are the only composite of scale in the UK.
We put digital first - this is how we capitalise on being a true customer composite. We have to think Digital First across all our distribution channels - it's how customers want to do business with us.
We focus our resources where we can be most competitive. We are not everywhere, but will focus on a select number of markets where we have scale and profitability or a distinct competitive advantage where we can win.